Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Over Half Way Done!

Hi everyone!! Few things to update y'all on. First of all, I only have a little over 5 weeks here in Germany!! Time has really flown by.

Also, here is a picture of all of the DAAD RISE Scholars! We are the group who were awarded the scholarships to be in Germany for 3 months and this picture was taken at the RISE meeting in Heidelberg two weekends ago.



I thought I'd end this post with some of the differences between Germany and the US that I thought were kind of strange/interesting

1. Milk is boxed and doesn't need to be refrigerated
2. Supermarkets and a lot of other stores are closed on Sundays
3. Public bathrooms are not free
4. You may not name your baby a "weird" name
5. People are very blunt (not mean just say what's on their mind) and don't waste time with flowery talk
6. There is no German word for pie (meaning my apple pie I made was always referred to as a cake)
7. You must bring your own bag to the supermarket and pack your groceries up yourself. My roommates were flabbergasted that we pay people to pack our grocery bags

No comments:

Post a Comment